Thursday, January 29, 2009

My dinner date...

So I had to post this because I thought it was so so funny. It was one of those nights where you are trying to get dinner on the table and you have a little one pulling at your apron strings literally! Begging for dinner. Kaden hasn't quite learned the patience thing. So I quickly fixed him a hot dog and some veggies (a 20 month old won't eat ribs...right!?) So he was ravenous and had 3 and 4 pieces of hot dog in his mouth at a time. After I cleaned him up it was almost 7 PM usually Chris is home and tonight he wasn't. I was feeling bummed and thought I better eat the nice meal I made by myself because with the life of a law student you never know when you'll see them...or if they will have time to eat. SO I sat down feeling kind of sad to eat my meal alone.
This is what I see when I get up to find the salt and pepper mind you he's already eaten his own filling dinner. He is picking brocolli off of my plate. His little face kept getting closer and closer and closer. He is eyeing and coughing all over my plate. He finally says bite? I try everything on my plate as he is eyeing the ribs. How was I going to feed him the ribs?
So I turn to get some butter and look over and his face is literally on top of my plate and I see his little tounge licking the corner of my slab of ribs! I cut a bite off for him and pretty soon I am cutting as fast as I can while he is yelling meat, meat, meat!!!

So seeing as I couldn't cut the ribs fast enough he had watched mommy doing it so took matters into his own hands (literally!). The funniest part about it was he probably ate 4 or 5 of them and could get more meat off than I could. Every once and a while you would hear a mmmm! And I would see him pick up the same napkin I was using to wipe off his hands and face, he just thought he had entered adulthood. It was pretty comical for me and one of the most entertaining dates I have had in a while. Isn't it cute how fast they grow!



mmmmmmmmm!

6 comments:

Teisha said...

Oh that is so cute! I think they are just born with that manly need for meat. That looks so good by the way! Your quite the domestic goddess!

hiatt family said...

Wow you are quite the cook! No wonder he is willing to try new food. Too cute

Sabrina said...

That is Logan exactly. I could feed him a huge meal but if I eat right after him he has to eat my food. Drives me crazy because lately it's been Lean Cuisines and there's not much food there to begin with and then having to share it. I think Logan's favorite food is the pulled BBQ pork from Texas Roadhouse. He gobbles that up. They sure are funny.

Bingham Fam said...

So cute Tiff. I can relate with how you feel when your hubby isnt home for dinner. At least you had Kaden to cheer you up. Brody says he misses Kaden. Hope your new job is going okay. Love ya guys

Dehner Family said...

I bet that made cooking dinner totally worth it! He is so cute eating those ribs - so manly.

Lisa said...

Those ribs look good. How did you cook those up? I don't really cook those, tell tell....

It is hilarious that he was chowing down on them.