So we are back in the swing of things, Chris starts school again this week. He has to take a final that has been hanging over his head for almost a month (they cancelled it due to the snow right before Christmas). So he has been busy studying. As for me I am dealing with the delima of the working mom. I decided I needed to consistently be working as a Nurse Practitioner since that is what I spent so many years of school learning, and because they require that every 5 years you work 1,000 hours. I never thought that this would be difficult for me but it is...mostly due to the fact that it kills me to leave my little boy in a strange place for the whole day for two days of the week. I know most likely that it will be harder on me than him but it just breaks my heart. I love being his mom and spending the whole day playing buzz lightyear and reading the same book over and over and over again. He on the other hand I can tell gets bored and can't wait till anyone (especially dad) walks through the door to play with him. Anyway, I have been really sad about the decision to go back to work because I would die if anything ever happened to him that I could have been around to prevent. Today during sunday school the lesson was on trials, and although to most this would be a small trial but for me it has been seriously weighing me down. However I left church today with a different attitude trying to look for the positive in this trial and realize how ultimately I will be stronger and Kaden will be stronger (I hope). And that while in the beginning it may be tough but like anything it will just be an adjustment and its not forever. Isn't it funny though when we are at home all day bored we get stir crazy to be out and doing something/anything, however when a good opportunity finds us and takes us from our little ones we wish we were home bored again...the grass is always greener on the other side.
4 comments:
I hate returning to the daily grind after a long break. The first week is always the worst! I for one think what you do is amazing! It is definitely worth all the anxiety and it's true Kaden probably loves playing with all of his new friends!
Good luck to you!! I'm sure the first couple days are the worst part. The great thing is that you can always change your mind if it doesn't go how you thought.
Ahh... the never ending struggle of the working mother. I think you're right though- Kaden will love it. . .it will be much harder for you. . .and it's only going to be for a couple of months. It is a blessing that you have that option though! Not only to work- but to have such a good job! Is it still snowing there?
Oh my gosh reading about you going back to work and having that happen to Kaden at the sitters makes me want to cry....I can't even imagine how mad you were! He is such a sweet little guy...I do think however a little social atmosphere is good for any child...We hope other than the stress of work and leaving Kaden you are doing well. Tell Chris to keep up the good study habits. We love you guys and miss you....
Post a Comment