Sunday, November 2, 2008

Let the festivities begin...

We had a fun Halloween, the night before our family dressed up and when to a trunk or treat at the church. Kaden was a 101 dalmation, I was cruella and Chris was Roger although he thinks no one knew what he was supposed to be and felt stupid because he had a comb over and looked like a huge nerd. I overheard Chris talking to one on the young men passing out candy who asked Chris where he got his cool fangs? Chris said these are my real teeth and the young men wouldn't let it go he was sure he had in fangs. I felt bad because I know that this has always bugged Chris but it was kind of funny how sure this kid was that they were fake.

Halloween night our good friends had us over for dinner and their trunk or treat. We did rootbeer, Pumpkin pizza and hot wassle. The pizza was cute and Kaden liked eating it before and after trick or treating after treak or treating we watched the grudge 2 it was more entertaining watching everyone scream than the movie because the movie was dumb!


These are our trick or treaters...Conner is the Dragon and Cade the night. Conner all night kept trying to pet Kaden or would say this is my little puppy it was cute. Their boys are great with Kaden. Kaden and Conner would trick or treat together and people would say what a cute sheep and dinosaur...Conner would get mad and say I am not a dinosaur I am a dragon and he's a dalmation, it was so funny! I should have dressed Kaden up as a sheep at least he can baaa better than he can bark.







Halloween this year was a lot of fun. Kaden is finally to the age where his face lights up and he gets excited about things. I was also impressed for a 17 months old to understand how to hold the bucket and run from house to house (he literally ran the entire way!), although we had to break every couple of houses to pick out a treat to eat. His favorites are the dumb dumbs which is good because we got a lot of those. They are messy though and a few times the sticks have disappeared I am afraid he may have eaten those too, oh well extra fiber I guess. Kaden probably face planted on the cement 3 or 4 times and would get up running to the next house it wasn't until he had a collision with a bush that went up his nose and cut the inside that we had a lot of blood which kept running that I thought we should call it quits (that and the pumpkin bucket was full and too heavy for Kaden) but he wanted to keep going. We are going to have candy all year long!

3 comments:

hiatt family said...

Looks like you had fun. My Cayden had the exact same dalmation costume but we had to add a red cape to it so he could be "Super patch"!

Lisa said...

What a cute puppy! That is a funny story about the fangs-honestly I've never noticed.

Bingham Fam said...

Kadens costume was sooo cute. I love your recipe exchange party too. How FUN! I think I am going to have to copy you on that one. Were the kids allowed to come or did the dads have to watch them? I hope you are doing well.