So Chris and I rarely get date night just with ourselves. Usually we have Kaden in tow doing whatever we are doing and it is a lot of work. Well some girls in our ward had a great idea, they put together a group of us and decided to rotate Friday nights so one Friday we will watch all the kids and then have three Fridays that we can go and do things without kids. Last night was the first time and it was great! They were wonderful with Kaden and I could tell that he was a happy little guy when I picked him up (I was worried that because we got home late and he was woken up that we would have a rough time putting him down and it would be a long night, but he went right to sleep). We have the kiddos next week so it will be fun to have them all together at our house to play! Chris and I tried to go to the Temple but in Spokane you have to make an appt. and by the time we knew our plans and I called the Temple every session was over booked so maybe next time (Chris was bummed he said that's the first time he has ever been turned away from the Temple, however isn't it great that it is that busy!). Our next idea was to go to the new Bond movie, however when we got there every time was sold out. I should have figured that would be the case. We had fun though we ate and did some Christmas shopping! Next time around we will make plans earlier so that they work out but it was just fun to be able to spend some one on one time with Chris, that is so rare these days!
The true meaning of Christmas
17 years ago
5 comments:
That's a great idea for the date night, tell us how it works, how many people are in this group? How many kids do you end up watching? I love this idea and I'm totally gonna pitch this idea to some friends! Thanks!!! Comment on your own blog with how this works, cause I'm sure lots of people would want to know, thanks!!
Oh man I am jealous, great idea about the rotating thing!! We miss you guys. I'm excited to see you in a little bit.
I am glad you guys had such a fun date night. I told Josh about your idea. I only wish we could do the same thing out here. We live too far away from all the other med school moms. Maybe next year, if we move closer. You guys sure have it good out there with all your friends and mommy play dates. I wish we could have the same thing here.
What a great idea! Date night is definatly something to always look forward to.
i miss you guys! and kaden is SO cute!
Post a Comment