So you know those horror stories that you hear about how people's kids get injured and think to yourself oh that will never happen to us. Today I was in my closet putting clothes away and I hear a weird but loud thud and then a blood curling scream from Kaden that I had never heard before. Mind you this is my child that runs head on into walls or falls on the cement doing a face plant and gets up without crying. I knew that this scream meant that something was terribly wrong. I walked around the corner to the room and see that he has tipped his tall and very heavy dresser over onto himself while aparently trying to climb to get a toy off the top. My heart pounded as I thought do we have broken ribs, legs, punctured lungs, internal bleeding all those horrible things a mother thinks. I was slightly (only slightly) relieved to see that the top corner of one of the sides of the dresser was stopped and held up by the otomon to his rocking chair. So I was able to lift it off him and look him over good although being really startled and scared he only had scratches on his legs. I am so grateful for that otomon and probably some divine intervention and the adrenaline I had to lift the very heavy dresser (nine months pregnant) and resuce my trapped child. What a relief! It has had me thinking today how incredibly grateful I am to be Kaden's mom and what would I do if something ever happened to him? All day long Kaden has told me "mom so scary" and points to the dresser. Chris came home this afternoon and the first thing we did was bolt the dresser to the wall and although it looks hideous it is reassuring to know that he is safe. It was one of those things that I never thought would EVER happen! Scary!
7 comments:
I'm so glad that he was ok. That is so scary, and it makes me want to bolt everything down. What a blessing!!!
You are amazing! I can not believe that happened, or that you were able to pick it up! That's it our big armoire is getting bolted tonight! So glad he is okay!
Oh, SCARY! That "Mommy-Adrenaline" is amazing. I'm glad that everything went okay.
AHHHH, that is horrible. i just saw a thing segment on the today show about dressers falling on little kids and thought how horrible that would/could be. i am sorry but so glad that the ottoman was there!!! did it put you into labor?!
Oh my goodness so SCARY! I am so glad he is okay. Poor guy! He is probably scared to death of his dresser now. I hope you are doing okay too. How are you feeling these days? Not much longer...only three more weeks right? We are so excited to see pictures.
I have had a few moments of "that would never happen to me and my kids". Scary when it does, I am so glad he is ok!
I'm so glad he's okay. I would have been panicky all day.
Post a Comment