Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pinch your pennies...

Okay so this friend of mine showed me this website pinch your pennies and I thought it looked like a lot of work, but it was truly easy and I have never felt like my house has so much good food. I printed off the deals highlighted what I wanted to buy and printed coupons if some were needed. The great part about it is I saved almost as much as I spent. Now for the even better part...being a poor law student you find yourself getting really creative. Chris and I love good food but to eat out it gets extremely expensive so we don't do this very often. I like to cook but I hate having a huge clean up. This week with me out of town and Chris so extremely busy he told me he might have one night that he could come home for dinner yes!!!(I had been taking dinner to the scool which it never tastes as good when you drive the 20minutes and it continues to cook in the container). So I thought we will bring a really good dinner in to say thank you for your hard work and slaving away at school. I got on the handy website and for less than $15 dollars made a surf and turf lobster and NY steak dinner with cheese fondue fruit, homeade bread and steamed veggies. The lobster was the best I had ever had (and I got it on sale for super chep!) The lobster is still on sale through today Chris is begging me to go get more! It was supper easy to make throw the tail in tin foil and then put it in a pan of boiling water for 1 min per ounce! YUM YUM!!! We would have spent that much or more going to PFChangs or Olive Garden and I liked it so much better!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

So did I miss the web site?

Laurel said...

I totally use the same website! It's great stuff.

Dehner Family said...

Impressive. It almost makes me wish I liked lobster... almost :)

Teisha said...

You have to reveal this secret website! Always looking to save a little money at the grocery store! Your dinner looks fantastic!