Monday, December 8, 2008

Holiday traditions?

I was just thinking the other day about what kind of holiday traditions I would like to start with my family. I should probably start while Kaden is little. My family did not have very many traditions or things that they did every year during the holidays. The one thing that we did do was each year we got a new ornament from Hallmark, it usually sings or moves or something fun like that. We got out our tree this year and Kaden can hardly keep his hands off of it! It is the loudest tree around that sings and makes a popcorn sound (constantly) and most of the little ornaments are like toys because they move and have bright lights. We have only had one causality though where my ornament with a trumpet player and drum player got their hands ripped off and they heads bit off!! And then one afternoon I had to rescue Kaden I heard him squeal as he lost his balance while standing on the arm rest of the couch trying to reach an ornament. He fell head first into the tree and was stuck! So the ornament thing is truly special and exciting at our house, but I need more ideas to make the holidays more magical!! Any good ideas, I would love to hear them?

4 comments:

Teisha said...

So fun to see what you are up to! Your baby is so cute!
My hubbys job brought us here. Florida is beautiful but I have to admit I would go home in a heart beat.
One of my favorite Christmas traditions I started with my kids is buying a Christmas book each year. We have so many now that I wrap them and we open one and read it each night starting Dec 1st. It kind of helps with all of the excitment and anticipation.
Teisha

Teisha said...

I forgot to ask you to send me your address to my email teishaa@gmail.com
Thanks!

Lisa said...

Ha ha, I just did this on my blog! Let me know of the good ones you get.

Samantha & Tyler Dohrman said...

Hey tiff! I love that every year on new years eve the Dohrmans leave out a shoe and the elfs fill it will a little surprise. It's very fun and keeps the holiday magic!