Sunday, June 12, 2011

Kaden's four yipee!

So I know we have been MIA lately. It has been a busy & stressful past month for us. I feel like we are barely coming up for breath & might be moving and doing it all again in a couple of months...yikes! Anyway I just wanted to thank everyone for making Kaden's birthday so special! We had a fun party with his friends and a little get together for family. Kaden really wanted a pirate party...at first I was like really what do I do for a pirate party but we found lots of great ideas...and it was a lot of fun!

We had pizza...what four year old boy doesn't love pizza? We had a pinata!!! I found a cute one at hobby lobby that was a pirate ship and even better had a 40% off coupon (love that!).


Lots of pirate skulls and gold candy decorations...and the homemade root beer was especially fun for the pirate theme!

We made pirate hats and pirate patches for everyone & little compasses to wear around their neck to find the hidden treasure and loot bags on our treasure hunt!


I made a pirate ship full of fruit this was fun and easy. I just got scraps of fabric and made it jig jag looking and then stamped happy birthday and his name on them and stuck them on kabob sticks and put them in our cut melon it turned out really cute.


They were so cute doing the treasure hunt...they loved the map and the clues it was exciting to watch them!

The treasure chest cake...I love to make fondant cakes and this year because I haven't been feeling 100% wasn't able to do a fondant cake but this turned out cuter than I expected and was super easy!


Another fun activity that Kaden loved helping with was the invitations. We made messages in a bottle and put the invitation with some sand, glitter and seashells it was really cute and Kaden LOVED making them!

It was a fun birthday party and it was so fun to watch the excitement on my little kaden's face. I can't believe he is four he is getting so big. This has been a fun stage...he is full of questions and always wants to be going and doing. It is fun to see him learning so much and soaking in everything like a sponge. I love his little personality and how loving and caring he is. He is such a great big brother and the two get along really well (most of the time!). We love our little Kaden...Happy birthday buddy!

No comments: