Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sights to see...

This is a very long blog with lots of pictures but there was so much to see and do! I couldn't resist... The white house...
It was the cherry blossom festival and the DC Marathon when we were there so there were a lot of people and a lot of things to go and do, we needed a few more days.
This is at the World war II memorial of course I had to stand in front of the Utah monument. I look awful, pregnancy does that to you but come on its Utah!
Washington Monument...
World War II monument.
So this was the reason for this little get away. Chris competed at the national moot court competition. They took first place in San Francisco so then the top four teams competed in DC. They took second overall nationwide out of 80 teams and took second place brief (writing). Chris was disappointed not to be first but I was so proud. I had never seen him in the court room and it was so fun to watch he argues much better in the court room than at home!

After he was done and we went to some swanky reception in a huge firm in DC we were able to tour the city...I had already been doing that by myself while they practiced but it was fun to have the company.
Jefferson monument...
Lincoln monument...
Arlington cemetary at the eternal flame, we also went and saw the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier it was really a cool experiance.
The smithsonian museums. We went and did so much it was go go go, so much so that we ate on the run literally (hot dogs at a street vendor, never have I done that and I am not sure I will do it again!)
The national capital, they had statues from every state. Of course this is the Utah one, the inventor of the Television. What can I say you can remove the girl from Utah but not the Utah from the girl...
Had to do this...it is the store on TLC. We went up to Georgetown it was so fun all the great shopping and lively streets. I made Chris wait in line for almost an hour so I could carry them home on the plane for my family (note to self never try to take cupcakes through security a very challenging task) they were good not sure they were better than what I could make? It was all about the experiance though it was fun meeting all the other crazies in the cupcake line and then when we got to the front to learn that you can order online and just pick them up...oh well it was fun!
This was us at the tour of the nations capital. It was fun to see but there were so many people in line and they will not let any food or drink in the capital. We were flying home this night so I had just loaded my purse (yes loaded...I'm pregnant) with snacks only to have to throw them all away I was quite upset by this...I left my cupcakes at the hotel with the front desk so I didn't carry them around so luckily I didn't have to throw these away otherwise I may have had to miss the tour. Listen to how patriotic I sound cupcakes? or tour my nations capital hmmmm?
Chris in front of the supreme court house. This was really cool to go see and do. We actually got to sit in on an actual trial and it was interesting to watch. I don't know much about it but thought it was hillarious that Supreme court Justice Clarence Thomas was asleep aparently he sleeps through a lot of days in court.
Seriously it was so much fun! We were staying at the Hilton right downtown so we were able to walk to everything. By the end up the weekend I was so sore I could hardly walk (no lie), had blisters on my feet and a rash from everywhere my skinny jeans rubbed it was exhausting but so much fun...I didn't even get pictures of everything we were able to see. It was so nice to spend some time without the kiddos. We have never left our kids overnight (Ok Kaden once with my mom the night before I took my national exam after my masters program but that is it!)
We missed these cute little guys...I mean come on look at their little faces. I was so thankful that my mom was willing to take them and spoil them rotten for the weekend. They were so spoiled they hardly knew we were gone. My mom was worried they would be sad but apparently they didn't even ask about us. My mom was great she had to put up with my paranoia about the boys and their nut allergies she had so many instructions on what they could or couldn't eat I am suprised she even feed them at all...but they were alive and breathing and had the time of their lives. Thanks mom and Ally for taking the boys so we could get away and enjoy DC we had a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

What a fun trip. I haven't been there since I as 15 and want to go there so bad. Congrats to Chris on coming in 2nd and 1st on writing briefs. Yuck I hate gathering all the exhibits/cases for briefs so I can't imagine how writing them would be any fun.

Sarah said...

I'm gealous! I LOVED D.C. There is SOOO much to do and see; what a fun trip!

Congrats on the baby!!!!