Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The 3 R's


So lately I am all about the 3 R's...I wish those R's were only two R's and I could say we were getting lots of rest and relaxation however that is not so. I mean the reduce (not with diapers of course), reuse and recycle. My husband likes to recycle but laughs at what I try to reuse. Take this shirt that Chris is wearing in the next picture for example. Love the shirt, one day however it got some cleaning solution and a few small bleach spots on it. Chris won't wear anything that has a slight flaw, hole, scratch ect. He was going to throw out this perfectly nice looking shirt (that was NOT a steal of a deal from Nordstrom!)
He laughed when I said how about I make it into another shirt. One for Kaden and if we have a girl I will make a dress with the fabric on top and black on the bottom and if we have a boy they can have matching shirts. Chris LAUGHED again (I am the queen of unfinished projects but it is a nice thought right?) And when I looked at Nordstrom the toddler Ben Sherman shirts they were like 40-50 dollars so I can have a homeade one for free! So last night I finally sewed the pocket on Kaden's shirt I felt a little overwhelmed by this project with no pattern and all. We will see if in all my free time I get Beckham's done while he is small enough to wear it...? The idea of making two shirts was maybe a bit ambitious but one is better than none right!?


Not totally professional but Kaden looks cute in it and it was going to be sitting in a dump or DI somewhere so I am glad we got a little more life out of the shirt!



9 comments:

Sabrina said...

Wow! I'm so impressed. I'd never know how to make a shirt especially without a pattern. You're amazing.

Unknown said...

What the heck...how did you do that? Seriously - how did you do that??

Teisha said...

I don't think I can even turn on a sewing machine! That is amazing! Seriously you are talented!

hiatt family said...

Wow! I love the shirt. You are so creative.

Marissa said...

Seariously...how did you know how to do that? I'm so impressed!

Chris & Tara said...

Are you kidding me?! So cute! I love it.

Kira said...

What a talent, so much like your mom. I wouldn't have even thought of making a new shirt!!

Lisa said...

I want the magic pills you are taking. Tell me you secret. Spread the crafty vibe my way.

Jill said...

Are you kidding? It looks totally professional! How in the crap did you do that? I need to take lessons.