Saturday, October 30, 2010

Digital cards & scrapbooking...

So as many of you already know I love to make and do anything digital. I have really been into making photobooks. We have a tradition where every year I scrapbook an album of the previous year and then have a company print and bind the books. I love having them printed so they are in a book that I can pull off of the shelf and look at when ever my heart desires. They are something I truly cherish. Many have asked me where and how I do this, as well as how I do the baby announcements or Christmas cards. I have tried to teach family and it is time consuming and difficult especially if you don't have expensive software like adobe. However I have found if you don't have a lot of time it is so easy to make something that is personalized to fit your family. I know many people already know about shutterfly but if you don't you need to check them out http://www.shutterfly.com/. They are super easy to use the quality is as great as some of the more expensive sites I have found, and they are reasonably priced. I was on their website the other day looking at the 2010 stuff and they have some great card ideas that you can personalize for your family. I know many of you are expecting right now and they have great cards for new babies http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery, totally fun & easy. Which is absolutely necessary for a new mom. Or they have some fabulous Thanksgiving/Christmas cards. I love, love, love some of the ones they have for Christmas. I love that they don't all use the traditional colors. You can get traditional, but they have some awesome damask and more modern styles. Due to starting a new job and the business in life lately I thought I would order my cards this year. I would love input http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-photo-cards on this page they have a holy night card I am debating between or the damask...let me know I would love some input. I also thought it might be fun to do a Thanksgiving card instead of a Christmas card this year. I think it would be fun to send out something that reminds us of the blessings we have and the gratitude we feel for those blessings. What do you think...Thanksgiving? Christmas? Which style do you like?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I like the "Holy Night" card. I also like the idea of a "Thanksgiving" card. I had actually thought about it; but life is way too crazy right now...I may not even get to Christmas cards!