Is your house like mine? Every winter when we are cooped up a little more I notice all the cupboards that need organizing or the wasted space in which we could free up more room and have every little thing in its place. Chris had some free time during Christmas and together we came up with some solutions to give us some much needed space and organization.

This project I had to tackle alone but it actually went pretty quick and easy. The boys room is a sailboat theme and I found this fabric and thought that would make cute organizing totes for the boys closet. I made them out of cereal boxes quick easy and cheap...they are even collapsable so when I don't want to use them under the bed they can go!!!

I'd like to say I made this beautiful shelf on the wall but I have to give credit to Chris. He made these in my parents garage in the freezing month of December what a good sport. I painted it but I had the luxury of doing that inside our house where it was warm (probably killed a few brain cells from the fumes but not as many as by always seeing the books in piles or tipped over on the book shelf). I love them and now (almost) all the books are where Kaden can see them when he wants to read a story!


I have to admit at first I wasn't down with this idea but a friend of ours in her kitchen had an on the wall spice rack. I was worried it would look to busy for the kitchen but actually love it! All the spices are right where I need them and I don't have to dig through the cupboards. We had this towel rack (yup towel rack) in the bathroom as a decoration. Chris hated that its sole purpose was to hold towels that were just for decoration. So a few weekends ago we went to home depot routered some boards painted and adhered them to the towel rack and wa la new spice rack.
4 comments:
You two are way too crafty! seriously i am very impressed! Everything looks so cute!
Very cute ideas!
You made those? I don't think could ever thread a sewing machine, truly impressive! Love it!
It must be that time of year. I just bought a bunch of storage baskets from Pottery Barn Kids. Will you post the instructions (and pictures) of how you made your storage boxes. They look great!
Post a Comment