Friday, October 16, 2009

What a week

This has been one of those weeks where you want to pull your hair out!! And since I am in that losing your hair after pregnancy periods I don't have much to pull out!!! But yeah I think my luck must have turned around today. After two weeks of potty training and having number 1 down better than ever but being clueless about having to poop in the potty we were SUCCESSFUL today YEAH!!! I was about ready to go back to diapers even though we had number one down because I was so sick of the newborn blowouts and the suprise undies being ditched after they were soiled. It was a funny sight me doing the sheer dance of celebration and Kaden looking confused and telling me there was a snake in the potty. I will spare everyone the pictures!
On a side note we have been looking for warm clothes for the boys. I was struggling to find a hat for beckham and decided to make one! I had ordered one from the gap but when I found yarn for 11 cents and cute buttons for 2$ I couldn't pass it up with a little help from a you tube video this is what happened...The grey hat is from th gap for $14.99, the brown one $2.11 cents handmade. I kind of feel like handmade looks a lot like a pioneer bonnett. Is it too hideous or does it work and I take back the overpriced Gap hat. I am not sure and I know Chris won't tell me the truth because he doesn't want to hurt my feelings so be honest with me too silly to put him in the brown one? It won't hurt my feelings it is my first hat EVER so I understand there is room for improvement or maybe I just fork out the money for a pattern (however at that point it costs the same as the GAP hat!). Oh what a delima?

4 comments:

Laurel said...

I think that it is really cute! I would never have guessed that you made it. I think that I'll have to make one. . . even though it probably won't get cold enough here to wear it much. Where did you get the pattern? The only thing that you might be able to improve is trying to make the brim part a little narrower and of course the type of yarn always changes things. I'd be happy with the one you made though!

Dehner Family said...

WHAT?!? You made that hat? It looks awesome. Put him in that hat everyday - it's adorable!! Congrats on the snake in the potty. That's huge. Nothing better than finally being potty trained. Your boys are soooo cute!

Unknown said...

I like it - I was going to ask you if I could get you to make one for Truman and I will buy it!! I am inpressed that you had the free time to make it!!

Teisha said...

I love it! Good bye Gap! Congrats on the snake! That is a big deal!