Monday, February 23, 2009

Crazy week...

So I feel like I have been neglecting everything this past week, week and a half. And I have! My cute little grandfather passed away a couple weeks ago. It was expected but when it happened it was quick. I was sad that I wasn't able to see him one last time before he passed but felt grateful to be at his funeral and graveside memorial. It was nice to see my grandmother and spend time with her and all my cousins that I don't see very often. I flew to Arizona where the funeral was (that was fun I had a layover in SLC. Kaden found a friend and ran around and around, laughing hysterically pretty soon he was throwing up all over as they were boarding my flight...gross! But just my luck. He wasn't sick I think he just made himself so dizzy that he threw up).
My grandfather had chosen to be buried in the SLC cemetery so we made the drive from Mesa to Bountiful it took two days due to the weather, I was worried how Kaden would do but thanks to Buzz (toystory) and a couple new books we survived.
I thought I would post some pictures for all my cousins and family that weren't able to be at the graveside. It was a good service. The headstone to the left says it all...it was snowy and cold! My mom said my grandpa hated the snow and would have be rolling over in his grave if he knew how cold it was!
This was us in Arizona it was beautiful and warm! I didn't want to come back to Spokane because I had been spoiled with the sun all week. Kaden couldn't get enough of being outside and by the water. He would have gone swimming in his clothes if I would have let him it was so cold though.

It was fun to be home and see family. Thanks for everything mom and dad. I wish I could have seen more friends and family between all the traveling I felt like the trip just went too fast! It was fun though and also nice to be home.


3 comments:

Teisha said...

So sorry about your grandfather. Funerals are never easy. It sounds like just getting there was a huge challenge!
I felt the same when I came into town. So hard to see everyone, but so much fun!
Last thing you look amazing! The sun really works for you!

Unknown said...

You have the pregnancy glow...you look great! I hope you are doing well!

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'm glad you got to spend time with family though.