Monday, July 21, 2008

One of those weeks...

You know those days when nothing goes right, well that has been my week! It all started with a little toe. Last Sunday morning I noticed that Kaden's toe was a little red. By the end of that night it was streaking up his foot and didn't look good. We started antibiotics that night by Tuesday I thought it was so swollen I should open it up and let it drain. I got my needle all sterile and ready but when I went to open it and it already had. (these are pics from yesterday it looked worse last week, so it is getting better.)






The next morning he woke up scalding hot with a fever and was cranky. He stayed like... this day after day he had a fever and wouldn't eat. I assumed he was teething. Then after being stranded at Fashion Place mall, riding trax home (long story) I had decided it had been the worst week ever and wanting so badly to be with my husband and son and together as a family I decided to try and make a 6:20 flight to Spokanne and it was 5:40 I packed together my stuff raced to the airport had the SLOOOWEST lady at the counter ran throughout the airport with Kaden screaming his guts out and bouncing around on my hip while I am madly pushing the stroller through the crowds and panting like I someone who hasn't started working out since being oh 4 months pregnant (this was the moment when I decided oh maybe I should work out) getting to the gate only to have them say well we tried to wait they just barely shut the door, the plane was still there. I was of course distressed I sadly got a hotel and the earliest flight out the next morning. So at 4 am when I wake Kaden up to catch our flight I see this...





But the good news is we finally made it (after our four hour lay over in seattle) Kaden got to see his daddy, and I my husband!!! It has been so much fun just hanging out as a family. I would like to say that Kaden's rash has improved since these photos but I am afraid to say he is worse he has more red spots now than white he looks like a little red indian now that has areas of hypopigmentation (white spots). I would also like to say that he is not losing his little toe nail but no it is falling off. My poor child is falling apart, it is hard to watch them when they don't feel good. I am hoping tommorow might be a better day if not we may be calling around to see if we can find a Doctor in town.

6 comments:

Dehner Family said...

Poor little fella. What in the world caused that rash... I hope for you it goes away soon. His little toe looks absolutely miserable - and your flight seemed just as bad. I hope you have a good visit with your hubby - are you moved there yet, or just visiting?

Alyssa said...

Oh wow! You win for the worst day of the week. . .although, Kaden may be up there with you too! Poor guy. He looks miserable? What is the rash from? At least you guys are together as a family! Isn't your bday coming up???? HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Let's hope your day is completely the opposite of this past week!

hiatt family said...

Hi Tiffany-
I didn't know ou had a blog, I just saw it off Amber's. You have such a cute family. Your poor little guy looks so miserable. Hope he is feeling better soon!

Tandy Family said...

Yikes, I think I just had a flashback, My little one had that same rash last month. It was caused by his 103.5 fever!!! I love your blog by the way!Keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I love that you found my blog...and I lvoe how cute your little boy is...and his little rash breaks my heart...I can only imagine how worried you were. We are living in Washington D.C. still, and loving it.

Unknown said...

Tiff...I love keeping up with your family. Do you keep in touch with any other college friends? Does anyone else have a blog?